CWC Sacramento Writers
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
California Writers Club
2017 WRITING CONTEST
Category: Non-Fiction – Essay
(Narrative, Descriptive, Expository, Persuasive, Personal, etc.)
Topic: Why I Write
Submitters may use their own title
Rules and Procedures
- Entrants will need to use a Submittable (www.submittable.com) account to enter. Click on the button below to start.
- CWC, Sacramento may, with author’s permission, use a portion of entries in publicity materials.
- After logging in to your Submittable account, you will upload your manuscript, up to 750 words, as an attachment.
- The Submittable website allows judges to evaluate manuscripts without knowing the identity of the authors. Therefore, do not include your name as author anywhere on the manuscript.
- You will be prompted to pay your entry fee with a credit card on the Submittable website. Use drop-down menu to select the correct fee.
- Your original essay must not have not appeared in any publication or online media.
- Entries must be submitted as electronic files, preferably as Microsoft Word documents or PDF files, formatted as doubled-spaced with 12-point Times Roman font, using standard one-inch margins with page numbers in upper right hand corner.
- Submissions and simultaneous payment must be made by April 1, 2017
- The contest chair is Judith Presnall at email@example.com
Awards and Recognition
- First Place: $100 ~ Second Place: $50 ~ Third Place: $25
- Winners will be recognized at the June, 2017, CWC Sacramento Branch Luncheon.
- Manuscripts and payments to be submitted through Submittable at https://cwcsacramentowriters.submittable.com
- Entry fee is $10 for members and $15 for non-members. Use the drop-down box to select the proper entry fee.